Some people confuse spirituality with religion and believe that spiritual wellness only comes from religious beliefs. But you don’t need to subscribe to a religion to achieve spiritual balance. Many people choose to seek religion for their spirituality, but spirituality isn’t dependent upon religion or religious beliefs.
Developing Spiritual Wellness
Mostly, developing spiritual wellness means working towards finding what you authentically believe in within yourself. Then you look at how much those beliefs can give you the inner strength you need during major life struggles.
When you’ve developed spiritual wellness, you can:
- Respond honestly to others, whatever the situation.
- Express your values and always stand behind them.
- Discover what life really means to you and understand the meaning of your existence.
- Lead a genuinely fulfilling life.
So how do we achieve spiritual wellness? Well, each of us must develop our own spirituality in our own way. Your chosen path will take you on your own personal journey, different from any others.
Think about these suggestions, when journeying toward spiritual wellness:
1. Question the purpose of your life. Ask yourself a few important questions as you look for balance through spiritual wellness. Self-exploration is a must when developing your spiritual balance. Ask yourself:
- What defines who I am? What are my values?
- What is the purpose of my existence on the planet?
- What things, people, and ideologies should I be committed to?
- What do I most want out of life?
2. Connect to what’s meaningful for you. Once you’ve answered these questions, your next step is to connect to and identify with the things in life that represent who you really are. Do you believe in helping others? Are you interested in the sacrifice of some physical aspects of life in order to gain spiritual strength? Find opportunities to put your answers to these questions to work for you.
- You might contribute to your preferred charity if you’re inclined to help others.
- You can volunteer to help in your local community.
- You might try fasting to improve personal endurance and gain clarity of mind.
3. Put your limits to the test. When you accept new challenges, the growth you experience opens up a whole lot of new possibilities for you. Testing your limits can involve many different things. Here are a few examples:
- Take on a physical challenge that normally you wouldn’t, due to fear of failure, disappointment, or the challenge itself.
- Make decisions based on your own beliefs even when you know it may not be popular.
- Have the strength to stand by your convictions even when others disagree.
Becoming spiritually strong involves believing in something. It involves identifying your values and purpose, then working towards living your values and achieving that purpose. Most importantly, it involves becoming truly fulfilled within your life.
Most importantly, the balance you’re looking for will come only when you satisfy your spiritual needs. By taking these steps, you’re on the right path to ultimately finding spiritual fulfilment.
You won’t achieve spiritual wellness overnight. But, with some persistence and dedication, you’ll find yourself connecting with another aspect of you that you didn’t realise existed.
No matter what challenges you face, more and more things will become clear to you, as you begin the experience of finding your own sense of inner peace.
Intuitive & Tarot Sessions
“John is extremely kind and helpful person his card readings are very accurate and done in a very caring empathetic way. I highly recommend John!” – Derek
“Really detailed reading with lots of layers of information, and sent to me promptly. John has a thoughtful sensitive style that was very easy to listen to, and the messages and advice were spot on.” – Helen
Find out more:
More From The Blog
Get in touch
For questions, general feedback, or to make a pre-booking enquiry, please use this form.